Is your Charlotte backyard an oasis of peace and quiet? For many homeowners, the answer is no. Outdoor noise pollution from nearby roads, airports, neighbors and other sources can negatively impact your quality of life and ability to relax in your own outdoor space. The good news is that there are solutions, like synthetic turf in Charlotte, NC that can help absorb noise and dramatically reduce the decibel levels in your yard.
The Problem of Noise Pollution Outdoors
Noise pollution simply refers to regular exposure to elevated sound levels that disturb the environment. In residential areas, common culprits include traffic, nearby construction, lawn maintenance equipment, loud music, barking dogs, and noisy neighbors. The World Health Organization warns that continual noise exposure above 55 decibels can impair health and well-being.
Unfortunately, the city of Charlotte faces substantial noise pollution due to busy roads, proximity to Charlotte Douglas International Airport, and high-density housing. For homeowners, this means backyards that rarely experience true peace and quiet. Constant noise outside creates an unpleasant and stressful environment that makes relaxation difficult.
Why Artificial Grass Reduces Yard Noise
Unlike hard surfaces like concrete and asphalt, artificial grass is designed to absorb sound. The materials soften noise vibrations rather than amplifying them. Here’s how artificial turf reduces noise pollution when installed in your yard:
- Sound Absorption: Artificial blades effectively absorb sound waves rather than reflecting them. This dampens noise from all directions.
- Softer Surface: With artificial grass, there is no hard ground for noises to reverberate off of. This further reduces echoes.
- No Maintenance Equipment: Artificial lawns eliminate noisy lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and other landscape equipment.
- Noise Barriers: Turf absorbs noise from over fences, reducing transmission from neighbor’s yards.
Additional Ways to Reduce Yard Noise
While artificial grass is extremely effective, you can complement it with other noise-reducing techniques:
- Place outdoor rugs and cushions to further soften surfaces.
- Install a water feature. The tranquil sounds of flowing water mask undesirable noises.
- Strategically place trees, shrubs, trellises, and other plants to create a sound barrier.
- Build a fence or garden wall to block direct noise transmission. Opt for soundproof fencing.
- Arrange your yard and seating areas to distance yourself from noise sources.
Bring Peace and Quiet Back to Your Charlotte Backyard
With artificial grass and other methods, you can reclaim your yard as a peaceful sanctuary and finally escape the constant noise pollution in your neighborhood. Contact Charlotte Artificial Grass Experts today at 408-317-0931 for a free consultation on artificial turf installation and other benefits it offers. We also offer other services like putting green installation, so please don’t hesitate to ask about them during our call.